If you want to know how science is progressing on reversing human aging, you have come to the right place! This curated database aims to compile the most promising rejuvenation therapies and technologies in development and chart their progress in one easy to read format.
We have divided the projects into their corresponding hallmarks of aging (the reasons we age) and clicking on each icon will take you to some more detailed information about each one. The database will be updated on a regular basis ensuring you have the most up to date overview of the rejuvenation biotechnology field. For more information on the clinical trial process check out our article here which explains what the phases mean.
Thanks to the support of the Lifespan Heroes who have made creating the Rejuvenation Roadmap possible.
|Preclinical in vitro||Preclinical in vivo||Phase 1||Phase 2||Phase 3||Released||Not applicable|
Loss of Proteostasis
Deregulated Nutrient Sensing
Stem Cell Exhaustion
Altered Intercellular Communication
Biomarkers of Aging
1Preclinical in vitro
2 Preclinical in vivo
If you like what we do here at Lifespan.io and wish to become more involved, please feel free to chat with us on our Discord server and/or support us by becoming a Lifespan Hero. Every person matters. Everyone can be a Hero.
September 30, 2023
- Updated Insilico Medicine:
- Target X Inhibitor (Fibrotic diseases treatment)
- 3CLpro Inhibitor (COVID-19 treatment
- KAT6 Inhibitor (Breast Cancer treatment)
- MAT2A Inhibitor (Cancer treatment)
- USP1 Inhibitor (Cancer treatment)
- QPCTL Inhibitor (Cancer treatment) (Co-developed with Fosun)
- PHD1/2 Inhibitor (Anemia of CKD treatment)
- PHD1/2 Inhibitor (IBD treatment)
- Added Clock.Bio
- (No Current Product)
- Added Rejuvenation Technologies:
- RTI-LNG1 (IPF)
- RTI-LNG1(Non IPF)
- RTI-LIV(Compensated Cirrhosis)
- RTI-LIV (Alcoholic Hepatitis)
- RTI-IMM (NA1)
- RTI-IMM (NA2)
May 31, 2023
- Added Elysium Health:
- Basis-BES2T BET
- Basis (15BSHE)
- Basis EH301 No-ALS
- Basis BAKIS
- Basis Menopause
- NR-Brain Vascular Health
- Added Endogena Therapeutics:
- EA-2353 Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Endogena IPF
- Endogena Hematopoietic Recovery
- Endogena Neurodegeneration
- Added Epimorphy LLC (MyDNAge):
- Added Equator Therapeutics:
- Mitochondrial thermogenesis promotion
- Added Fauna Bio:
- Small molecule drug development
- Added Fountain Therapeutics:
- Small molecule drug development
- Added GEn1E Lifesciences:
- Added Genescient
- Added GenFlow Biosciences
- Updated GenSight Biologics:
- GS011 LHON-ND4
- S030 (RP)
May 2, 2023
- Added CellVie: Mitochondrial Transplantation
- Added Centaura: Artificial Chromosome
- Added Cerevance:
- Added Cleara Biotech:
- Added Covalent Bioscience:
- Added Cyclo Therapeutics:
- Trappsol Cyclo NPC
- Trappsol Cyclo Alzheimer’s
- Added Cytegen: mitochondrial stimulators
- Added Deciduos Therapeutics: senolytics
- Added Dorian Therapeutics: senoblockers
- Added Eidos Therapeutics: acoramidis (AG10) (Phase 3 Completed)
- Added Elastrin Therapeutics: DESTINED
- Updated CohBar Inc:
- CB5138 (Preclinical in vitro)
- CB4211 (Obesity) (Phase 1 Completed)
- CB4211 (NASH) (Phase 1 Completed)
- Updated ChromaDex: Niagen (Phase 1 Completed)
May 1, 2023
- Added ByoMass Therapeutics: selective TGF-beta inhibitors
- Added Calico:
- ABBV-CLS-579 (PTPN2 inhibitor)
- ABBV-CLS-7262 (ALS)
- ABBV-CLS-7262 (VWM)
- Added Cambrian Biopharma:
April 8, 2023
- Updated Unity Biotech UBX1325
March 28, 2023
- Updated Atropos Therapeutics: Senostimulators/Senosuppressors
- Added Beiwe Health: BEI-101
- Added Beiwe Health: BEI-103
- Added Beiwe Health: BEI-105
- Added BHB Therapeutics: Beta Hydroxy Butyrate
- Updated BioAge Labs: BGE-105
- Updated BioAge Labs: NLRP3
- Updated BioAge Labs: BGE-117
- Added BioChange ltd: Extracellular matrix support matierials
- Updated Biophytis: Sarconeos (BIO101)
- Updated Biophytis: Sarconeos (BIO101)
- Updated Biophytis: Macuneos (BIO 201) Wet/Dry Macular Degeneration
- Updated Biophytis: Macuneos (BIO201) Stargardt’s Macular Degeneration
- Updated Biosplice (was Samumed): Cirtuvivint (SM08502) mCRPC,CRC,NSCLC
- Updated Biosplice (was Samumed): Cirtuvivint (SM08502) select heme malignancies
- Updated Biosplice (was Samumed): Cirtuvivint (SM08502) additional solid tumors
- Updated Biosplice (was Samumed): DYRK 1A targeting molecule
- Updated Biosplice (was Samumed): CLK2 inhibitor
- Updated Biosplice (was Samumed): CLK3
- Updated Biosplice (was Samumed): Pan-CLK/DYRK (intra-articular injection) SM04690
- Updated Biosplice (was Samumed): SM04690 Osteoarthritis of the hip
- Updated Biosplice (was Samumed): SM04690 Osteoarthritis of the shoulder Phase 3
- Updated Biosplice (was Samumed): SM04690 Osteoarthritis of the shoulder Preclinical In Vitro
- Updated Biosplice (was Samumed): DYRK 1A targeting molecule
- Added BioViva: CMV Gene Therapy to increase follistatin and telomerase
- Added Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics: NurOwn® for the treatment of ALS
- Added Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics: NurOwn® for progressive MS
- Added Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics: NurOwn® for progressive Huntington’s disease
- Added Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics: NurOwn® for progressive NurOwn® for Parkinson’s disease
- Added Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics: NurOwn® for progressive for Autism Spectrum Disorder
February 23, 2023
- Added Amprion: Protein Misfolding Cyclic Amplification (PMCA) Device
- Added Aspen Neuroscience: ANPD001
- Added Aspen Neuroscience: ANPD002
- Added Athersys Inc. : MultiStem for Ishemic Stroke
- Added Athersys Inc. : MultiStem for Spinal Cord Injury
- Added Athersys Inc. : Multistem for Multiple Sclerosis
- Added Athersys Inc. : Traumatic Brain Injury
- Added Insilico Medicine: INS018_055 Phase1, discovered to treat Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Added Insilico Medicine: INS018_055 In vitro, preclinical to determine effects on kidney fibrosis
- Added Insilico Medicine: INS018_055 In vitro, preclinical to determine effects on skin fibrosis also known as scleroderma
February 22, 2023
- Updated Alkahest: AKST4290 WetAMD
- Updated Alkahest: AKST4290 Parkinson’s Disease
- Updated Alkahest: AKST4290 Inflammatory Disease
- Updated Alkahest: AKST/GRF6019 Alzheimer’s Disease Mild to Moderate
- Updated Alkahest: AKST/GRF6019/6021 Alzheimer’s Severe
- Updated Alkahest: GRF 6021 Parkinsons with cognitive impairment
- Updated Alkahest: GRF 6021 postoperative recovery
- Updated Alkahest: AKST1210
- Added Altoida: NMI (Neuro Motor Index)
- Added Altos Labs: Cellular reprogramming technology
February 15, 2023
- Moved biomarkers to biomarker aging category and entered not applicable under all biomarker products.
- Recategorized items in passed preclinical
February 14, 2023
- Added new biomarkers of aging category to better group biomarkers together in one place
February 6, 2023
- Added Alector: AL001-Frontotemporal dementia (FTD) in granulin mutation
- Added Alixia
- Added Tranquis Therapeutics: TQS-168
- Added Tranquis Therapeutics: TQS-621
- Added Vaxxinity (was United Neuro.): UB-311
- Added Vaxxinity: Anti-tau product
- Added Vaxxinity: UB-312
- Added Vaxxinity: UB-313
- Added Vaxxinity: VXX-401
- Added YouthBio Therapeutics
- Added Yuva Biosciences
27 January 2023
- Added ADx Neurosciences
- Added Aelan Cell Technologies
- Updated Aeovian
- Updated Age Labs
- Updated AgeX Ther. / Reverse bio for each pipeline item
- Added Alchemab Therapeutics
12 January 2023
- Added Aeovian Pharmaceuticals
- Added Age Labs
- Updated Amazentis Study NCT04783207
11 January 2023
- Added 1E Therapeutics
- Added 5Alarmbio
- 712North no longer operating
- Added Fujirebio NCT03174938 Alzheimer’s disease detection- Fujirebio acquired Aelan Cell Technologies
3 January 2022
- Updated CNIO with two additional studies on Telomerase.
14 Dec 2022
- Updated NMN segment with clinical trial reports from Washington University School of Medicine NCT03151239 and NCT04571008, added Phase not applicable
- Added EffePharm LTD NMN study completed March 2021 NCT04228640
5 Dec 2022
- Updated Bioage with phase 1b clinical trial results
22 July 2022
- Updated Underdog Pharmaceuticals name to Cyclarity
20 February 2022
- Unity updated with new clinical trial end dates.
2 December 2021
- Longeveron updated with new trial.
12 November 2021
- Unity updated with clinical trial results.
27 October 2021
- Rejuvenate Bio added.
20 October 2021
- CohBar Inc added.
7 October 2021
- Repair Biotechnologies added.
5 October 2021
- Updated Unity with clinical trial update.
25 September 2021
- Updated Underdog with new funding.
21 September 2021
- Updated Elevian with new funding.
20 September 2021
- Updated Alkahest with new candidates, clinical trials, and clinical trial results.
19 September 2021
- Updated Gensight with new Phase 3 clinical trial results & availability.
- Updated Atropos to include current plans.
- Updated SENSICA with new funding.
- Updated Longeveron with new trial results.
- Updated Immunic with new funding.
18 September 2021
- Changed name of Proteostasis to Yumanity and updated program status.
- Updated Stealth Bio with new drug application.
17 September 2021
- Changed name of Ichor Therapeutics to Ichor Life Sciences.
- Updated Leucadia with planned clinical trial start date.
- Updated Underdog with product name & website link.
- Updated Attralus with lead product & additional financing.
8 September 2021
- Updated Rejevenie with name of product & clinical trial status.
- Updated BioAge with new clinical trials & drug candidates.
27 August 2021
- Samumed name changed to Biosplice and updated with Phase 2b results & new indication.
24 August 2021
- Updated Longeveron with Phase 2b frailty trial results & availability.
6 August 2021
- Updated Biophytis to show completed Phase 2b & study results link.
29 July 2021
- Updated Scholar Rock with completed Phase 2 trial & results.
- Updated Adicet with discontinuation of RTB101.
28 July 2021
- Updated the Conboy Lab with links to new study results & new start-up.
27 July 2021
- Updated Longeveron with study results and link to clinical trials.
- Updated BlueRock to include link to clinical trial.
26 July 2021
- Updated SIWA to include drug candidate & indication.
- Moved Intervene Immune to Phase 2 & included clinical study link.
- Upadted LyGenesis to include links to preclinical study results.
23 July 2021
- Updated Stealth Bio with links to new results, new drug candidate & move to Phase 3.
22 July 2021
- Updated Mitotech to include results of Phase 2b/3 clinical trial and other indications.
21 July 2021
- Updated Denali to include completion of Phase 1b and additional candidates.
- Updated Alterity to include link to Phase 1 results & Orphan Drug designation.
- Updated Animal Biosciences to include link to new website.
- Updated Continuum Biosciences to include link to new website.
- Updated Amazentis to include links to clinical trials & launch of first product.
15 July 2021
- Updated Underdog to include new funding round & regulatory meeting.
- Changed Aurora company name to Attralus and added links to clinical data & lead product candidates.
14 July 2021
- Updated Iduna to include a license from Harvard & related study link.
- Updated Proclara to include a link to Phase 1B study results.
- Updated Selphagy to include new drug and study link.
12 July 2021
- Updated Oisin with lead candidate, indication and funding level.
- Updated Mayo clinic with link to fisetin clinical trials.
- Updated Scripps Research Institute with link to clinical trials.
9 July 2021
- Updated Chromadex to include moving to Phase 2 and link to clinical trials.
- Updated Turn.Bio to include further funding and link to published study.
8 July 2021
- Updated Telocyte to include moving into preclinical in vivo large animal models.
- Updated Unity UBX1325 to include Phase 1 results and Phase 2 initiation.
7 July 2021
- Updated Grifols to include Phase 3 and opening of first clinic.
30 June 2021
- Updated Gensight to include extended phase 3 data.
18 March 2021
- Immunic Therapeutics conducts Phase 1 trial for intestinal barrier dysfunction
13 March 2021
- BioAge conducts Phase 2a human trial for unexplained anemia
8 January 2021
- LyGenesis is approved for Phase 2A trial for patients with end-stage liver disease
12 December 2020
- Gensight improves vision in Phase 3 trial for mitochondrial gene therapy
25 November 2020
- Elevian receives $15 million of equity funding for GDF11
13 October 2020
- Unity launches phase 1 study of UBX1325 in patients with diabetic macular edema
24 September 2020
- Added alpha-ketoglutarate
- Marked Unity UBX0101
25 August 2020
- Added new publication to Jumpstart Fertility
18 August 2020
- Unity UBX0101 updated following Phase 2 trial results
10 July 2020
- Alterity Therapeutics added
- Iduna Therapeutics added
26 May 2020
- Updated NMN to include small phase 1 human trial
28 January 2020
- Proteostasis Therapeutics added
- Revel Pharmaceuticals added
- SIWA Therapeutics added
23 January 2020
- BlueRock added
- Denali added
- GenSight added
- Intervene Immune updated
22 January 2020
- Atropos Therapeutics added
- Aurora Bio added
- Biophytis added
13 January 2020
- Stealth Biotherapeutics added
19 November 2019
- Underdog added
18 November 2019
- resTORbio moved back to phase 2
15 November 2019
- Rejenevie added
- Mitotech added
14 November 2019
- Longeveron added
- Alkahest added
22 September 2019
- Updated Dasatinib and Quercetin at Mayo with second phase 1 human trial info
- Urolotin A by Amazentis added
24 July 2019
- Added Turn.bio – OSKMLN
18 June 2019
- UBX0101 by Unity Biotechnology moved to Phase 2
05 June 2019
- Samumed moved to Phase 3
05 Apr 2019
- Added Mayo Clinic – Fisetin
- Added Elevian – GDF11
- Added Unity – UBX1967
- Added Unity – UBX0101
- J147 moved to Phase 1
19 Mar 2019
- resTORbio RTB101 moved to phase 3 following successful phase 2 and 2b trials
11 Mar 2019
- Updated Scripps Institute to Phase 2
25 Jan 2019
- Updated Scripps Institute to Phase 1
03 Dec 2018
- Jumpstart Fertility added
- Spotlight Biosciences added
- Senolytic Therapeutics added
- Continuum Biosciences added
- Animal Biosciences added
- Selphagy added
10 Nov 2018
- Changelog feature added