A Knowledge Hub for Biotech Finance and Blockchain
The worlds of aging research, biotechnology, finance and blockchain technology are rapidly colliding to drive progress forwards. Here you will find news and educational articles relating to these subjects to help you get an overview of the field in the context of financial issues.
- DAOs can be effective organizational structures. According to the latest figures, the total treasury of all DAOs (registered) is around $21 billion, indicating trust in an evolving market. Interest in crypto and crypto-based longevity projects continues to […]
- Bounties are not a new concept in the tech world. They have long been used as tools by organizations to reward […]
- DAOs don’t just fund every proposal that appears before them, as they are accountable to their voting members. Much like a regular investment fund, though not all DAOs are investment funds, they […]
- It’s only been a couple of months since Molecule announced the formation of its latest DAO project, bio.xyz, to the world. However, the newly formed DAO […]
- Every day, 1.134 trillion megabytes of data are created. As that trajectory continues its upward trend, it presents both never-before-seen risk and potential. Although cyber criminals are often quick to exploit the vulnerabilities of available data resources, […]
- Gitcoin is an online platform that provides the digital community with an opportunity to work on open-source software projects for pay. Additionally, the platform acts as a crowdsourcing platform for community […]
- Some people store tickets as keepsakes; others hold onto other mementos, such as t-shirts, magnets, small metallic pins, or souvenirs […]
- DAOs are relatively new forms of organizations that use blockchain technology to function in a decentralized, autonomous way. Like traditional organizations, they serve a variety of functions, such as supporting non-profit […]
- It’s often said that too many cooks in the kitchen can spoil the soup. Transferring this notion of too many voices to the DAO, it begs the question: how does anything get done? While the concept of the […]
- Biotechnology is an area within the science sector that focuses on therapies and other products that relate to living organisms. The term refers to any practical application of life-focused sciences, so it refers to many disciplines and advancements outside […]
- DAOs, decentralized autonomous organizations, date back to 2015/2016 with the creation of Slock.it, a German start-up that soon became known as ‘The DAO’ or Genesis DAO. Created to support future Web 3.0 […]
- In a DAO, the concept of governance remains the same as in a conventional corporation or government, although it differs in how it fulfills its fundamental […]
- DAOs have multiple options for decision making. Token-weight quorum voting works by having thresholds that proposals must pass to be accepted. Liquid democracy allows voters to delegate their votes to other parties to vote on their behalf, […]
- DAOs are decentralized autonomous organizations and part of the wider Web3 infrastructure. They operate on a global scale by gathering like-minded people to form communities. Through a DAO, individuals and groups collaborate in […]
- Since it was first described in the early 90s by Stuart Haber and Scott Stornetta, blockchain technology has evolved relatively quickly. From its initial conception as a document authentication system, it transformed into its most well-known usage: a cryptographic […]
- A Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO) is an organization or platform that is operated independently from a centralized organization or government. It works via a transparent computer program coded with the rules of the […]
- In traditional companies, top-level decisions are usually made by a board or the C-level team in a top-down manner. Alternatives do exist, such […]
- LabDAO is a DeSci (decentralized science) organization that is focused on the execution layer of the scientific process. It intends to […]
- Decentralized Science (DeSci) Organizations and how they work
- Designing a DAO: Insight from the VitaDAO Team
- Decentralized Organizations (DAOs)
- VitaDAO’s Governance and Structure
- VitaDAO’s Decision Making Process
- VitaDAO is a DAO but What Does This Mean in Practice?
- Voting Protocol in a DAO
- Web3 Infrastructure and how it Influences Longevity Research Funds
- What Is an NFT and How Do They Work?
- What Makes a DAO Trustworthy?
We would like to ask you a small favor. We are a non-profit foundation, and unlike some other organizations, we have no shareholders and no products to sell you. We are committed to responsible journalism, free from commercial or political influence, that allows you to make informed decisions about your future health.
All our news and educational content is free for everyone to read, but it does mean that we rely on the help of people like you. Every contribution, no matter if it’s big or small, supports independent journalism and sustains our future. You can support us by making a donation or in other ways at no cost to you.
GIVE PER MONTH
Hungry for more longevity content?
If you would like to read more longevity related topics, we have created a number of knowledge hubs for you to explore below. Also check out our longevity news for all the latest aging research and longevity happenings.