A Knowledge Hub for Supplements
Many members people are enthusiastic about supplements in the hope that they can influence aging in a positive way and help to slow, delay or even reverse it. However, much of the information about supplements is confusing and contradictory, as well as hype and misleading information designed to sell supplements. That said, some supplements may have some genuine value in the fight against aging, so as part of our educational mission, we review supplements and the studies behind them.
- Vitamin K is not a single vitamin but a family of fat-soluble vitamins with a common core structure . Members of this family can be […]
- What is NAD+? Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) is a key coenzyme found in all living cells. It is a dinucleotide, which means that it consists of two nucleotides joined […]
- Age-related changes lead to a five-fold decrease in the concentration of skin hyaluronic acid content . The effects of this change […]
- We take a look at rapamycin and why some researchers think it could be useful in combating aging. What is rapamycin? Rapamycin is a macrolide, a class of antibiotic that includes erythromycin, roxithromycin, […]
- There are few things as tasty as a good blueberry, but science is showing that there could be more health benefits to this delicious fruit than people might think. What is Pterostilbene? Pterostilbene (trans-3,5-dimethoxy-4-hydroxystilbene) is a naturally occurring polyphenol, […]
- Nicotinamide riboside (NR) is part of the B3 vitamin family. Like other forms of vitamin B3, nicotinamide riboside gets converted into nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+), a coenzyme essential for […]
- Niacin is a common dietary supplement with a long research history and more than a few tricks up its sleeve. Recent human trials have shed new light on its possible role […]
- Magnesium is a common element and is found in a variety of foods, but not everyone gets enough of this essential element, which is vital for cellular processes. What is magnesium? Magnesium […]
- NMN is a naturally occurring molecule and a popular dietary supplement marketed as a NAD+ booster. What is NMN? NMN is short for nicotinamide mononucleotide, a naturally occurring molecule present in all species. On the molecular level, it is […]
- Found in grapefruit, spermidine is one of the more interesting polyamines. Some research suggests that spermidine may slow down aging and […]
- We take a look at the popular supplement fisetin and see how it stacks up as a potential anti-aging supplement. What is Fisetin? Fisetin is a plant polyphenol and part of the flavonoid group in the flavonol […]
- Meat is rich in creatine, an important energy buffer in muscle cells, and the main constituent of a popular sports supplement used by athletes. However, we’re now finding out that there’s more to it […]
- We take a look at berberine, a popular supplement in the life extension community that is often touted as being similar to metformin. What is berberine? Berberine is an ammonium […]
- Arginine is a popular sports supplement, but could it also be useful in the context of healthy longevity? What is arginine? Arginine, also known […]
- Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide (NAD)
- Niacin (NA)
- Nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN)
- Nicotinamide riboside (NR)
We would like to ask you a small favor. We are a non-profit foundation, and unlike some other organizations, we have no shareholders and no products to sell you. We are committed to responsible journalism, free from commercial or political influence, that allows you to make informed decisions about your future health.
All our news and educational content is free for everyone to read, but it does mean that we rely on the help of people like you. Every contribution, no matter if it’s big or small, supports independent journalism and sustains our future. You can support us by making a donation or in other ways at no cost to you.