Your #1 Source for Life Extension News
Lifespan.io offers the latest information on rejuvenation biotechnology and life extension technologies. Our news outlet brings you the latest aging research, financial, and advocacy news, which is great if you like to keep up to date with everything happening in this rapidly changing field on a daily basis.
Lifespan News, presented by Emmett Short and Ryan O’Shea, is a weekly news show with a pop-sci twist. This show brings you the latest aging research and life extension news in a pop-sci style. Also hosted by Ryan O’Shea, the Rejuvenation Roundup podcast is a monthly breakdown of the key news stories and happenings in the industry. Finally, if you would like to look back through news stories from past months, check out the news archive.
- In Nature Biomedical Engineering, a team of researchers has published an innovative method of making tau tangles and amyloid beta visible in the near infrared, allowing doctors and researchers to see through bone with relatively simple equipment. […]
- Whenever the topic of any possible increased healthy longevity through science is discussed, a common objection to developing the technology […]
- Scientists have shown that a popular senolytic combination of dasatinib and quercetin improves glucose tolerance and fasting blood glucose levels in aged mice . The question of metabolism Cellular senescence is one of the hallmarks […]
- Research published in Nature Aging has shown that a photosensitive senolytic drug can be used to selectively remove senescent cells, slowing functional organ aging in mice. A problem of delivery The researchers name three problems with senolytic drugs: specificity to […]
- The new year is well underway, and we have been our usual busy selves. Join us for the first editorial of the year, and find out about the awesome things we have been doing for longer, healthier lives. […]
- Joppe Nieuwenhuis, Innovation Scout at Rejuveron Life Sciences, discusses his views about the future of longevity and rejuvenation research and how it will merge with current medical frameworks and systems. About Rejuveron Rejuveron is […]
- In a preprint paper, the researchers have shown that low-frequency ultrasound treatment decreases senescence and improves the physical performance of aged mice . Mechanical approach Cellular senescence, the inability of aged cells to divide while still being […]
- As 2023 continues, so does new research into rejuvenation, regeneration, and restoration. Let’s see what’s been done to reverse age-related diseases in January. LEAF News Team and activities New Year, Same Goal to End Age-Related Diseases: The new […]
- On this episode of Lifespan News, Emmett Short focuses on a recently published paper in which senescent cells tear off portions of their membranes, leaving them attached to other cells. Script Senescent cells […]
- VitaDAO, a decentralized organization funding early-stage longevity research and biotech start-ups, has announced the successful closing of a $4.1 million funding round dedicated to financing future longevity projects and furthering its commercialization and licensing strategy for IP-NFT assets. […]
- Scientists have shown that a longevity-associated variant of the BPIFB4 gene protects cardiovascular health, including when introduced by viral vectors . All you need is LAV Among age-related pathologies, cardiovascular […]
- Research published in Cell Stem Cell has described how previously unmodified animals have been given regenerative abilities akin to those of zebrafish, […]
- Scientists have demonstrated that extracellular vesicles loaded with mRNA coding for collagen production can be easily produced and delivered into aging fibroblasts in vitro and in vivo, boosting collagen levels and eliminating signs […]
- A new publication in Nature Aging has explained a great deal about aging of the neurovascular system, showing where and how the brain’s […]
Interviewing the leading experts in aging research and longevity
We have a dedicated team of journalists who have interviewed many of the leaders in the field about their research and the drive to end age-related diseases. You can find our latest interviews below.
- Six years ago, Dr. Eric Verdin, already a highly acclaimed veteran geroscientist, was catapulted to the forefront of the field when he agreed to lead the Buck Institute for Research on Aging (or simply “the Buck”), […]
- Dr. Aubrey de Grey is a legend in the longevity field who has been steadfastly promoting the idea of life extension since well before it became mainstream. While with SENS Research Foundation, de Grey […]
- Emma Teeling is a professor at University College of Dublin, and her research focuses on bats. In this interview, Emma explains why many bats, despite having tiny body sizes and leading very metabolically demanding lifestyles, are […]
- In October, H.E. Justin Sun, founder of the blockchain DAO ecosystem TRON, announced his donation to The Longevity Prize, a series of prizes designed to boost longevity science. In so doing, he has joined the ranks of other […]
- Dr. Matt Kaeberlein is a heavy hitter in the longevity field. While his name has become associated with the Dog Aging Project that he started a few years ago, his research interests span much wider. Besides an […]
- Lou Hawthorne is the founder and CEO of NaNotics, a biotech company that creates nanoparticles that can soak up harmful molecules in circulation. This paradigm-shifting technology can be used to […]
We would like to ask you a small favor. We are a non-profit foundation, and unlike some other organizations, we have no shareholders and no products to sell you. We are committed to responsible journalism, free from commercial or political influence, that allows you to make informed decisions about your future health.
All our news and educational content is free for everyone to read, but it does mean that we rely on the help of people like you. Every contribution, no matter if it’s big or small, supports independent journalism and sustains our future. You can support us by making a donation or in other ways at no cost to you.