Your #1 Source for Life Extension News
Lifespan.io offers the latest information on rejuvenation biotechnology and life extension technologies. Our news outlet brings you the latest aging research, financial, and advocacy news, which is great if you like to keep up to date with everything happening in this rapidly changing field on a daily basis.
If you prefer your news in a lighter hearted pop-sci style, then the Lifespan News show, presented by Emmett Short and Ryan O’Shea has you covered. The show covers the latest stories in the longevity space with a bit of fun thrown in.
Also hosted by Ryan O’Shea, the Rejuvenation Roundup podcast is a monthly breakdown of the key news stories and happenings in the industry. Finally, if you would like to look back through news stories from past months, check out the news archive.
The Latest Longevity News Stories
- Publishing in Aging, the Conboy research lab has outlined the problems with existing machine learning-based clocks and created a new clock based on epigenetic noise. The problem […]
- In this talk, Lifespan.io President Keith Comito describes use cases for “Proof of Philanthropy” (PoP) dynamic NFTs – a new type of NFT that powers up based on tracked on-chain giving. These NFTs, […]
- In a recent paper, researchers from McGill University in Canada have investigated how a combination of two senolytics, RG-7112 and o-Vanillin, influences the intervertebral disc cells […]
- Researchers have identified a platelet-derived factor that improves cognition in mice and published their findings in Nature Communications. Finding the right molecules This paper begins with the same refrain common in discussions about the biological effects of exercise: […]
- The Ending Age-Related Diseases 2023 conference has ended, and it was a big success. Today, we are delighted to announce that the first of our conference videos is available: the […]
- On the Longevity and DeSci Recap, you’ll discover the latest interviews, insights, and research in the longevity tech sphere over the past month and learn more about topics including blockchain, DAOs, cryptocurrency, DeSci, and events […]
- EARD2023, the Longevity + DeSci Summit, is over, but the work its speakers have been doing continues. Here’s what’s happened on the aging research front in August. LEAF News Team […]
- In the Proceedings of the National Academy of Science, Dr. Jesse Poganik and Prof. Vadim Gladyshev of Harvard Medical School have presented an opinion proposing a consensus understanding of aging. A problem of focus and funding […]
- The Journal Club returns with Dr. Oliver Medvedik on September 26th at 12:00 Eastern time on our Facebook page. We take a look at a […]
- In this talk given at Ending Age-Related Diseases 2023, Weavechain CEO Omar ElNaggar goes into detail on how Weavechain worked together with Lifespan.io’s President Keith […]
- A review paper published in GeroScience has detailed a substantial amount of research into the ways that environmental pollutants accelerate aging. […]
- A new publication in Nature Medicine has provided evidence from multiple countries supporting the idea that older people who have […]
- The Ending Age-Related Diseases 2023 conference has ended, and it was a big success. Today, we are delighted to announce […]
- According to a newly published paper in Nature Communications, transposable elements impact aging in C.elegans . Transposable elements and aging Transposable elements are often referred to as mobile genetic elements or jumping genes, as these DNA pieces can change their […]
- According to a new study published in Aging Cell, previously sedentary old people who took up an exercise program were […]
Interviewing the leading experts in aging research and longevity
We have a dedicated team of journalists who have interviewed many of the leaders in the field about their research and the drive to end age-related diseases. You can find our latest interviews below.
- In this episode of Making Time, host Ryan O’Shea sits down with Pat Graziosi, the creative mind behind the hugely popular educational YouTube channel, Life Noggin, and the voice of its main character, Blocko. The conversation encapsulates Graziosi’s journey from […]
- Peter Fedichev, co-founder and CEO of Gero, is a relative newcomer to the field of geroscience with a background in physics and […]
- Hey everyone. Ryan O’Shea here with Lifespan News, and welcome to the launch of Making Time. This is a series that has been in the works for a while now and that will feature long form interviews with interesting figures […]
- We had the chance to interview Lisa Fabiny-Kiser, CEO of the well-known SENS Research Foundation, on all the various research, education, and advocacy activities that the organization is currently doing along with its plans for the future. Public opinion and […]
- Vitalik Buterin holding Zuzu, the puppy rescued by people of Zuzalu. Photo: Michelle Lai Don’t try finding Zuzalu on a map; it doesn’t exist anymore. It was a “pop-up city” conceived by the tech entrepreneur Vitalik Buterin, creator […]
- Today, we are speaking to Ichor Life Sciences CEO Dr. Kelsey Moody about the doctoral program that the company operates and how the company is […]
We would like to ask you a small favor. We are a non-profit foundation, and unlike some other organizations, we have no shareholders and no products to sell you. We are committed to responsible journalism, free from commercial or political influence, that allows you to make informed decisions about your future health.
All our news and educational content is free for everyone to read, but it does mean that we rely on the help of people like you. Every contribution, no matter if it’s big or small, supports independent journalism and sustains our future. You can support us by making a donation or in other ways at no cost to you.