A Knowledge Hub for Lifestyle, Diet and Exercise
Our lifestyles, diet, activity levels, and environment all play a role in determining how long we will remain healthy (healthspan) and how long we live (lifespan). We are building a knowledge hub to help guide you on best practices and the data supporting various diets, lifestyles, and activities, helping you make informed choices about your health and potential longevity.
- The glycemic index was developed in 1980 by a group of researchers at the Food and Nutrition Science Department at the University of Toronto . It was […]
- Vitamin K is not a single vitamin but a family of fat-soluble vitamins with a common core structure . Members of this family can be divided into two groups: phylloquinone (Vitamin K1) and menaquinones (Vitamin […]
- Maintaining a healthy weight is important for health, especially with advancing age. Here are some ways to improve your chances of losing weight and not regaining it over time. Losing weight sounds easy, but the reality […]
- In this article we take a look at butyrate, a four-carbon short-chain fatty acid (SCFA), which plays an important role in health and […]
- There are a few reasons to consider including sauna use as part of your personal health and longevity strategy. What is a sauna? The word sauna comes from […]
- Coffee contains hundreds of biologically active compounds that influence long-term health. Coffee consumption is associated with lower all-cause and cardiovascular (CV) mortality as well as protection from diabetes, cardiovascular disease, neurodegenerative diseases, liver diseases, […]
- Maintaining a healthy weight is a sensible strategy for staying healthy and trying to slow down aging. However, a lot of people try to lose […]
- While some people must take medication to reduce their blood pressure in order to preserve their healthspan and lifespan, it is usually recommended to try diet- and […]
- The health benefits of the cold therapy have long been touted by mankind, including Hippocrates claiming it cured lethargy and Thomas Jefferson bathing his feet in cold water every morning for decades to maintain good health . This view […]
- In this review, we explore the practice of fasting and how it differs to caloric restriction. What Is Fasting? Simply put, to […]
- In this review, we take a look at the practice of caloric restriction and how it differs from fasting. What is caloric restriction? In the broadest sense, […]
- Blood Pressure and the Dietary Components That Affect it
- Butyrate’s Myriad Effects on the Gut and Overall Health
We would like to ask you a small favor. We are a non-profit foundation, and unlike some other organizations, we have no shareholders and no products to sell you. We are committed to responsible journalism, free from commercial or political influence, that allows you to make informed decisions about your future health.
All our news and educational content is free for everyone to read, but it does mean that we rely on the help of people like you. Every contribution, no matter if it’s big or small, supports independent journalism and sustains our future. You can support us by making a donation or in other ways at no cost to you.