If you want to know how science is progressing on reversing human aging, you have come to the right place! This curated database aims to compile the most promising rejuvenation therapies and technologies in development and chart their progress in one easy to read format.
We have divided the projects into their corresponding hallmarks of aging (the reasons we age) and clicking on each icon will take you to some more detailed information about each one. The database will be updated on a regular basis ensuring you have the most up to date overview of the rejuvenation biotechnology field. For more information on the clinical trial process check out our article here which explains what the phases mean.
Thanks to the support of the Lifespan Heroes who have made creating the Rejuvenation Roadmap possible.
|Preclinical in vitro||Preclinical in vivo||Passed Preclinical||Phase 1||Phase 2||Phase 3||Released|
Loss of Proteostasis
Deregulated Nutrient Sensing
Stem Cell Exhaustion
Altered Intercellular Communication
1Preclinical in vitro
2 Preclinical in vivo
If you like what we do here at Lifespan.io and wish to become more involved, please feel free to chat with us on our Discord server and/or support us by becoming a Lifespan Hero. Every person matters. Everyone can be a Hero.
29 July 2021
- Updated Scholar Rock with completed Phase II trial & results.
- Updated Adicet with discontinuation of RTB101.
28 July 2021
- Updated the Conboy Lab with links to new study results & new start-up.
27 July 2021
- Updated Longeveron with study results and link to clinical trials.
- Updated BlueRock to include link to clinical trial.
26 July 2021
- Updated SIWA to include drug candidate & indication.
- Moved Intervene Immune to Phase II & included clinical study link.
- Upadted LyGenesis to include links to preclinical study results.
23 July 2021
- Updated Stealth Bio with links to new results, new drug candidate & move to Phase III.
22 July 2021
- Updated Mitotech to include results of Phase IIb/III clinical trial and other indications.
21 July 2021
- Updated Denali to include completion of Phase Ib and additional candidates.
- Updated Alterity to include link to Phase I results & Orphan Drug designation.
- Updated Animal Biosciences to include link to new website.
- Updated Continuum Biosciences to include link to new website.
- Updated Amazentis to include links to clinical trials & launch of first product.
15 July 2021
- Updated Underdog to include new funding round & regulatory meeting.
- Changed Aurora company name to Attralus and added links to clinical data & lead product candidates.
14 July 2021
- Updated Iduna to include a license from Harvard & related study link.
- Updated Proclara to include a link to Phase 1B study results.
- Updated Selphagy to include new drug and study link.
12 July 2021
- Updated Oisin with lead candidate, indication and funding level.
- Updated Mayo clinic with link to fisetin clinical trials.
- Updated Scripps Research Institute with link to clinical trials.
9 July 2021
- Updated Chromadex to include moving to Phase II and link to clinical trials.
- Updated Turn.Bio to include further funding and link to published study.
8 July 2021
- Updated Telocyte to include moving into preclinical in vivo large animal models.
- Updated Unity UBX1325 to include Phase I results and Phase II initiation.
7 July 2021
- Updated Grifols to include Phase III and opening of first clinic.
30 June 2021
- Updated Gensight to include extended phase III data.
18 March 2021
- Immunic Therapeutics conducts Phase 1 trial for intestinal barrier dysfunction
13 March 2021
- BioAge conducts Phase 2a human trial for unexplained anemia
8 January 2021
- LyGenesis is approved for Phase 2A trial for patients with end-stage liver disease
12 December 2020
- Gensight improves vision in Phase 3 trial for mitochondrial gene therapy
25 November 2020
- Elevian receives $15 million of equity funding for GDF11
13 October 2020
- Unity launches phase 1 study of UBX1325 in patients with diabetic macular edema
24 September 2020
- Added alpha-ketoglutarate
- Marked Unity UBX0101
25 August 2020
- Added new publication to Jumpstart Fertility
18 August 2020
- Unity UBX0101 updated following Phase 2 trial results
10 July 2020
- Alterity Therapeutics added
- Iduna Therapeutics added
26 May 2020
- Updated NMN to include small phase 1 human trial
28 January 2020
- Proteostasis Therapeutics added
- Revel Pharmaceuticals added
- SIWA Therapeutics added
23 January 2020
- BlueRock added
- Denali added
- GenSight added
- Intervene Immune updated
22 January 2020
- Atropos Therapeutics added
- Aurora Bio added
- Biophytis added
13 January 2020
- Stealth Biotherapeutics added
19 November 2019
- Underdog added
18 November 2019
- resTORbio moved back to phase 2
15 November 2019
- Rejenevie added
- Mitotech added
14 November 2019
- Longeveron added
- Alkahest added
22 September 2019
- Updated Dasatinib and Quercetin at Mayo with second phase 1 human trial info
- Urolotin A by Amazentis added
24 July 2019
- Added Turn.bio – OSKMLN
18 June 2019
- UBX0101 by Unity Biotechnology moved to Phase 2
05 June 2019
- Samumed moved to Phase 3
05 Apr 2019
- Added Mayo Clinic – Fisetin
- Added Elevian – GDF11
- Added Unity – UBX1967
- Added Unity – UBX0101
- J147 moved to Phase 1
19 Mar 2019
- resTORbio RTB101 moved to phase 3 following successful phase 2 and 2b trials
11 Mar 2019
- Updated Scripps Institute to Phase 2
25 Jan 2019
- Updated Scripps Institute to Phase 1
03 Dec 2018
- Jumpstart Fertility added
- Spotlight Biosciences added
- Senolytic Therapeutics added
- Continuum Biosciences added
- Animal Biosciences added
- Selphagy added
10 Nov 2018
- Changelog feature added