What is Fiscal Sponsorship?
Fiscal Sponsors are 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organizations which can provide support to and receive charitable contributions for specific projects that are in agreement with their non-profit mission statement. It is a means by which the 501(c)(3) organization LEAF can support projects that agree with our nonprofit mission, regardless of whether they are run by non-profit or for-profit entities.
Working with a fiscal sponsor enables an organization that does not itself qualify as tax-exempt to attract funding for its project that will, through the fiscal sponsor, be potentially tax-deductible to donors.
Why work with us?
- Project Advisement – Our team is committed to making every project on Lifespan.io a success, and will provide active support with your campaign. Scientific advisement to facilitate the achievement of project goals is also available through the expertise of our Scientific Advisory Board.
- Crowd Engagement – Launching a campaign on Lifespan.io will put your project in front of a targeted community of contributors already interested in your work. We will work together with you to figure out the best ways to engage them in your project.
- Charitable Contributions – Through Fiscal Sponsorship Lifespan.io is able to receive charitable donations on behalf of your project, potentially tax-deductible to the donor, and thus provide access to contributions which your organization may not otherwise be in a position to receive.
What is required to be eligible for Fiscal Sponsorship through Lifespan.io?
To be eligible for Fiscal Sponsorship via Lifespan.io a project must meet the following criteria:
- The project must be in accordance with our non-profit mission to promote the advancement of biomedical technologies which will increase healthy human lifespan.
- The project must have clearly defined goals.
- The project results must be made publically available in some form (patent, publication, etc.), in a timely manner upon project completion.
Upon project approval our Fiscal Sponsorship Agreement must also be agreed to and signed.