Gitcoin has launched its 13th funding round and is again supporting projects focused on aging and rejuvenation.
Visit the VitaDAO website to learn how you can get involved.
The new funding round includes longevity research
Gitcoin is a platform focused on supporting the development of open-source Web3 software. This is a decentralized system based on blockchain technology with the goal of funding “public good” projects that are intended to benefit everyone.
We are happy to see that aging research aimed at increasing healthy human lifespans are again part of the projects included in this funding round. If increasing healthy years to spend more time with the people you love and doing the things you enjoy is not a public good, then we really don’t know what is!
Lifespan.io has a range of important projects in this funding round, and we would really appreciate your support. The great thing about this funding round is that any donation is also eligible for a matching grant; this means that big and small donations can all have an impact.
How to donate to the projects
If you are new to the technology, we have included a step-by-step guide that uses an example of $100 and a small number of projects:
- Get a MetaMask wallet
- Acquire $100 (or whatever you like) worth of ETH via Coinbase or other methods. You may need more than you think for gas fees (see below).
- Send this ETH to your MetaMask from Coinbase (or wherever): this may incur a significant gas fee. You now have ~$70 worth of ETH in your MetaMask wallet.
- This will trigger another gas fee, so you may now have $50 in ETH.
- Create a Gitcoin / Github account here if you haven’t
- If you’d like to magnify your matching effect, you can do verifications here, including verifying your account with SMS, Facebook, and Google. The more ways, the more your power to pull in matching funds increases.
- Finally, go to Gitcoin and explore longevity projects, such as Lifespan.io’s here
- Select “Connect Wallet” at the top of Gitcoin once logged in to connect your MetaMask wallet to the site.
- Select “Add to Cart” for the projects you want to help. The full round project lists are here.
- Scroll up to the cart button at the top, and click it to go to the checkout
- Choose ETH as your currency in the upper left
- Put reasonable amounts in for each project, maybe .0025 ETH for each (about 10 dollars). Select a percentage for “Give back to the Gitcoin match pool” if you want to support the Gitcoin platform itself.
- Select “I’m ready to check out”, and select zkSync check out if you did step 5 above
- Go through the checkout steps, and it should ask you to sign a few steps on your Metamask wallet, finally saying “complete payment”. Click that, and then just wait for confirmation.
If it gets blocked, it likely means that you put in more money than you had, so just go back and reduce the amount for each to .002 ETH or so. If you did not use zkSync, you’d get charged with the large ETH gas fee for every project instead of just one fee for a few bucks. This benefit compounds if you are donating to more projects at once.
The matching amount you pull in diminishes after 10-dollar and 100-dollar thresholds. So, if you are not looking to donate a large amount, donating about $10 to each project you care about will still yield a large matching effect. If you are planning on supporting just one or two projects, the above starting amount is likely to be sufficient.
Thank you for your contribution!