Hi there, I’m Keith Comito, President of LEAF, and I would like to welcome you to our website!
Have you ever asked yourself any of these questions?
- I’m interested in aging research, but where do I begin?
- Can medical science help us to live longer and healthier lives?
- How close are we to curing age-related diseases, such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, heart disease, and cancer?
- I am a busy researcher, so how can I find out what is happening in the wider field quickly?
If you have, you’ve come to the right place!
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
You might be wondering why we’ve gone through the effort of publishing hundreds of articles covering the latest aging research news, conducting dozens of interviews with top researchers in the field, producing monthly podcasts, giving talks at conferences and events, running our own annual conference, and creating a pop-sci show that explains the world of aging research in plain and understandable language.
Our reason is simple: we want to provide you with the best tools to learn about this exciting medical field so that you have a solid foundation from which to make informed decisions regarding life extension, giving you more confidence about the direction that science is taking and how it can help you maintain your health.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
If you are looking for a place that brings you the latest research news, interviews with top researchers in the field, live webinars, and journal clubs, then you have found it!
We are a dedicated team of experts who are here to help you get the most of out of this website and learn about this fascinating field. Our news team consists of biologists and professional journalists who communicate closely with leading researchers and biotech companies to bring you the latest and most exciting industry news.
No other site covering this field offers the wide range of media focused on aging research that we do; put simply, we are the home of rejuvenation biotechnology news.
BUT DON'T JUST TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT
LEAF has become one of the world’s most important forces in spearheading the crusade to bring aging to an end. Their advocacy work continues to gain prominence, and with their series of New York conferences, they are now bringing the most cutting-edge scientific advances to a general audience. These fantastic events are an invaluable US counterpart to the ones that SENS Research Foundation runs in Berlin, and they are making a great contribution to the anti-aging crusade.
– Dr. Aubrey de Grey, SENS Research Foundation
If you want the industry leaders in aging-related news, lifespan.io is your site! Also, they help raise funds for scientists studying aging, which is important for making improvements in aging-related outcomes. Lifespan.io is great!– Professor Michael Lustgarten,Tufts University
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US
We are a US-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization headquartered in New York City, and we rely upon an international team of journalists, content creators, and other industry experts who are focused on supporting aging research, particularly the field of rejuvenation biotechnology, or geroscience.
Our goal is to help build and support an industry that will end age-related diseases.
- To date, we have raised over $390,000 for medical research focused on ending age-related diseases via our unique crowdfunding platform Lifespan.io, the first crowdfunding platform focused solely on aging research.
- We report on the major industry events and breaking news, discussing the latest scientific advances in plain language in order to engage the public.
- We interview the leading figures in aging research to bring you a unique insight into the cutting edge of medical science.
- We produce science shows and researcher webinars to discuss aging research and introduce new audiences to the topic.
- Our current outreach initiatives include Ending Age-Related Diseases, our annual conference series in New York City; journalist schools; speaking engagements at conferences and events; improving global policies on aging; and general advocacy for the field.
- We work with popular YouTube channels and other influencers to produce films in support of aging research.