Every year since 2007 the Project for Awesome, simply known as P4A, has been helping to make the world a better place. It is an initiative of the Foundation to Decrease World Suck, a Montana-based charitable organization run by Hank and John Green, and their plan is simple: to make the world suck less.
So how are they attempting this most worthy goal? Well, they are inviting you to support your favorite charities by making and voting on short videos. In previous years winning charities have won around $25,000, which would go a long way toward helping LEAF to expand its activities on Lifespan.io and make more awesome high-profile collaborations like what we did with Kurzgesagt.
How can you help?
The winning charities in the past P4A’s have all had at least ten videos sent in by the community to showcase them, and so we would like to ask you to support us by making a short video and sending it to P4A on December 15th-17th.
Even simple cell phone videos are encouraged, but here are some great tips for stepping up your P4A video-making game:
- Make a short (~2 min) video saying why you care about and support us: (you can call us Lifespan.io, Lifespan Extension Advocacy Foundation, or LEAF). Here’s some examples of prior winners, and a tutorial from Hank. Keith is making a video similar to this one (but about Project4Awesome instead of Giving Tuesday).
- Get your video ready by uploading it to your youtube channel as unlisted. Fill it out with all the youtube trappings (Title, Tags, Description etc.) being sure to use keywords: Project4Awesome 2017, #p4a2017, P4A 2017, etc. and make a thumbnail using their assets. You can look at the examples above for reference.
- At 12:00PM EST on December 15th flip your video to public and submit it to the P4A website as they describe on the website.
- Get all your friends to vote for videos in support of us (including yours if you made one!); votes count for each one!
- Share and spread the word; tag your friends on FB, use #p4a2017 on Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr, etc.
- If you get some special voting link for your video after you submit, don’t forget to use that and also add it to the top of your YouTube video’s description, etc.
- Many charities can win, so definitely feel free to support any longevity research-focused charity videos you see. We have it on good authority some other organizations you might recognize will be appearing! ;)
As we are reaching out to the general audience here, it’s best to focus on the positive aspects of rejuvenation biotechnology in your videos, such as health, independence, and curing age-related diseases, rather than focusing on baggage-laden terms like immortality, living forever and so on.
Thank you in advance to everyone who decides to make a video to support us and voting for the videos showcasing our work, we appreciate you taking the time to help us out.