In his biotechnology workshop conducted at Ending Age-Related Diseases 2019 and made available at Ending Age-Related Diseases 2020, participants learned how to start biotech companies of their very own. The six main topics were:
- Competitive advantages when developing drugs that address the underlying mechanisms of aging
- Constructing physical facilities on a start-up budget
- Corporate structuring considerations
- The need for quality initiatives in aging as an emerging industry sector
- Optimizing R&D processes in a blended discovery/development environment
- Fundraising: start-up vs. growth-stage companies
While this workshop was held last year, its lessons hold true for this year, and it is a valuable resource for anyone looking to make inroads into the biotech sector. We appreciate Dr. Moody’s willingness to provide such a valuable resource for us and for the rejuvenation field as a whole, and we look forward to the biotech companies being created as a result of this workshop.